025. Birthdays

=O Guys... I'm going to be a quarter of a century old. o.O A whole shiny quarter. hehe. Still very young. Young enough to change my mind, with no real responsibilities to hinder any dreams that I currently have.

I think Birthdays are great. I think growing old is a gift that is denied to many, and we should cherish it while we are still privileged enough to receive it. I wrote a journal entry (well it was an old blog entry, back in high school) about wrinkles. There was a girl in my class who was just so OBSESSED with her looks and always calling herself ugly so that others would rush to her and tell her she looked pretty and tell her she was wrong, and one day she said that she was going to stop smiling so much so that she wouldn't have wrinkles. And my head exploded. I just sort of snapped a fuse and wrote this long entry about how I'd love to have laugh lines and crows feet from laughing too much and crying tears of joy and just having a life well lived. I'd love to have proof of having LIVED. and I think deep down if she thinks about it today she'd love some too.

When I was little birthdays meant parties home made by mom. Usually a home made cake and home built games and entertainment and it was just so much fun! As I got older my parties started changing to include bowling allies and trips to the mall and sleep overs. I still get some type of "party", It's usually just my mom and brother with my boyfriend and we play wii bowling (for my brothers entertainment) and eat my favorite food (that my mom still cooks hehe) and we call it a night :) but it still makes me feel special.

And at the end of the day that's what the birthday "party" is supposed to be about right? It's not about making something super elaborate or crazy expensive but just something to say "hey my darling, you are special, and to me this day is special because it's the day that you were born".  I still have to tell my boyfriend this every year because he never wants to do anything for his birthday -___- lol. But to me they're still special. And they make me happy.

And it's always funny how you never feel different from one year to the next but from one year to the one before that it's totally different. (On my 25th I won't feel different from 24 but I'll feel different than 23 lol. not by MUCH but I will lol) I just had a conversation about this with my cousin some months back at her sweet sixteen <3

Do you like Birthdays? Do you dread being asked how old you are? Are you looking forward to wrinkles? hehehe 

Stay Happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment